Coega’s Human Capital Solutions
Coega Human Capital Solutions is based in the Coega Industrial Development Zone where our offices, medical screening facilities and Skills Development Centre are located. Our human capital solutions services are delivered throughout the Eastern Cape.
We offer human capital solution services covering the following areas: human resource management, training and development, recruitment services, employee relations management and enterprise development.
7. REASONS TO CHOOSE COEGA HUMAN CAPITAL SOLUTIONS
1. TRUST THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT EXPERTS
Clients and peers recognise Coega Human Capital Solutions as experts in the Human Resource Development, Human Resource Management, and Employment Relations space. Currently, Coega Human Capital Solutions staff members serve on the following boards and external committees:
- Eastern Cape JIPSA Council
- East Cape Midlands College Board
- The Provincial Skills Development Forum, convened by the Office of the Premier and the Department of Labour
- The Eastern Cape Emergency Response Working Group convened by the Eastern Cape MEC of Economic Affairs and Tourism in response to massive retrenchments following the global financial crisis.
Coega staff currently serve on the Automotive, Developmental Finance and Employment Innovation and Skills Working Groups.
- The Eastern Cape Maths & Science Working Group
- The PERCCI Human Resource Committee
2. LARGE PORTFOLIO OF SATISFIED CLIENT
Coega Human Capital Solutions currently has a skills development portfolio under its administration that exceeds the entire budgets of most SETA’s.
Coega Human Capital Solutions continues to provide critical ETQA, skills development and implementation support to several SETA’s, and remains one of the very few skills development agencies capable of vocational curriculum design to ILO and SAQA standards, qualification design and international mapping of qualification content.
3. A SUPERIOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DATABASE
The Coega Human Capital Solutions Labour Management System is a fully integrated Oracle ERP platform that is fully NLRD and OFO compliant and capable of ILO ISCO conversion. The active database of 110 000 job seekers and trainees is expected to grow to more than 2 million over the next year, once the database is opened to the public through the Nelson Mandela Metro Project. This capacity is rivalled only by ESSA, the National Department of Labour database in terms of carrying capacity, and in terms of functionality and statistical mining capacity – it outstrips by far the system capacity available to the majority of the Sector Education and Training Authorities.
4. MORE THAN 26000 SATISFIED JOB SEEKERS
Coega Human Capital Solutions to date has managed to successfully train and place in gainful employment more than 26 000 job seekers.
5. SUPERIOR TRAINING AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
The value of any training programme lies in the ability of the candidates to find gainful employment upon completion. This is where the Coega service offering differs from others in the market. Over a period of nine years, Coega Human Capital Solutions has consistently shown employment rates in excess of 80% for all our trainees, and an astounding success rate in terms of the sustainability of our SME Programme.
6. 200 SUCCESSFUL SME VENTURES
The success of any SME / New Venture Training and Development Programme remains the sustainability of the enterprises created in the process. Coega Human Capital Solutions in partnership with the Coega Infrastructure Development Unit, has built the capacity of more than 200 local SME start-up construction ventures. A significant portion of these enterprises have achieved CIDB Grade 4 ratings, and have grown to the point where they own plant and equipment, tender independently for their own contracts and employ their own labour.
7. POWERFUL PARTNERS
Coega Human Capital Solutions has strong partnerships with these authorities that ensure success of any project:
- Provincial Government
- Local Government
- Coega Industrial Development Zone investors
- State-owned Enterprises
- Sector Education & Training Authorities
- National Departments (of Social Development and Labour)